Dogs at Goosepen Cottage
Here at Goosepen Cottage we welcome our four legged canine friends, and Alfie, our own cocker spaniel, loves his trips to Hallflat Farm. We do have some guidelines that we ask you to follow if you are bringing your dog, and these are outlined below (most of which are common sense and we are sure are second nature to most dog owners).
1. We permit up to 3 dogs in the cottage. Please let us know at the time of booking if you do intend to bring dog(s) and how many. We charge a fee of £10 per dog per stay. If you do wish to bring more than 3, please contact us to discuss your requirements.
2. Regrettably we do not allow dogs under 9 months old, with the exception of guide dogs in training.
3. Please bring towels for your dog (in addition to the ones for you!!) as well as bedding. Please do dry your dogs off thoroughly after soggy walks.
4. Dogs should not be allowed into the bedrooms. We would prefer dogs not to go onto the sofas, however, please bring your own throws to place onto the sofas if your dog insists.
5. The garden at Goosepen Cottage is fenced in to make it harder for dogs to escape (we can’t guarantee this of course!) so you are welcome to let them run around the property. They can also be exercised, on a lead, in the main yard and on the track leading round to Goosepen Cottage. The rest of Hallflat Farm is owned by other cottage/homeowners, so we would ask that you do not allow your dog onto any other garden areas.
6. Please pick up, bag and dispose of any dog mess in the waste bin provided.
7. Dogs should only be left on their own in the cottage if they are quiet and settled, and for short periods only. No longer than three hours please, to minimise upset for your dog and the chance of any accidents.
8. Please ensure that your dog has been properly treated for fleas/worms before you arrive!
There is a stairgate in the cottage for use when small children come to visit. We also find it useful for keeping our dog in the upstairs living area and you are welcome to do the same.
Thank you for your support with these guidelines, and we hope you and your canine companion(s) have a wonderful stay at Goosepen Cottage.